Wednesday, December 1, 2010

george's babyface


Not exactly a baby picture, but it IS a great shot and totally makes me smile!  This is my grandfather, George, the most hilarious man I've ever known!  This is him in 1929, all dressed up in swanky cowboy style!  I'm pretty sure that I will be framing this print for my little girl's room too - it's too precious not to.   I wish we would have written down all the stories he used to tell about growing up in South Dakota - fascinating stuff - he always told the best stories.  Now, my lovely Grandfather has Alzheimer's, a disease that is terribly frustrating for the individual and devastating on the family.  Thankfully, my rosy cheeked Grandpa hasn't lost his sense of humor at ALL, he still cracks me up and brings the house down!   Every time I talk to him on the phone he asks me to please come visit...and it brings stinging tears to my eyes.  I wish I had a job that would let me hop on a plane to do that.

*side note:  last night Tommy and I went and toured the "baby" facilities at the hospital!  Great hospital- beautiful delivery rooms :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely post and the picture amazing. I lost my grandmother recently and I wish I spent more time with her, so I know how you feel.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails