Tuesday, March 24, 2009

ring confessions

talk about serious fatty wedding bling....Tiffany's


A couple years ago (perhaps longer???) My Guy asked me what kind of engagement ring style I liked. I knew instantly. (hehe...I know, sorta lame, but I'm being honest here.) I told him I wanted a super skinny eternity band. He was pretty shocked, because, well, most girls we know are all about the fatty bling. But, I was certain that that was what I liked.

Don't get me wrong, fatty bling is super luxurious and fancy...but I wear scrubs every day....go through about 40 latex gloves per hand...and wear easy breezy cotton clothes and/or hoodies the rest of the time. Fatty bling on my finger just doesn't seem right.

So great - I know what I like and what would suit me best. Then. I waivered. Because I'm apparantly weak and easily influenced. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

ie:
Friend: you CAN'T use an eternity band for an engagement ring! That's an ANNIVERSARY band. Everybody knows that!
Me: Ooo.

ie II:
Sis: you might want a diamond ring someday and could be sad that you don't have one. You don't want to look back and regret that.
Me: Mmm.

But now...I say = I like what I like. I like that they are reasonable and lovely. And, honestly, I really like plain bands now...like...a lot. Simple is me I guess. I just just have to continue to listen to my own heart...and not be swayed by the opinions/concerns/desires of others during this whole fantastic journey of life.

After all, diamonds aren't my best friend...My Guy is.

2 comments:

  1. Good! Do what you want. It's so hard to not get caught up in the ring-size contest that every girl I know goes through. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey. Get the eternity band. I love them too. I have a very slim one from the 30's with sapphires and teeny diamonds for the wedding, and I might move my small engagement ring from the 20's to my other hand at that point.

    And listen, if at some point you want a diamond, you'll get one. As a anniversary ring. Everyone knows that ;) One of my friends says large diamonds are absurd on young women. They are only acceptable on women old enough to have EARNED them with there own money. I sort of love that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails