Wednesday, July 15, 2009

wedding wish wednesday #9: keep it together

I've been known to be "sensitive." Especially now that I've gotten older. I don't know what it is, but I cry at commercials (State Farm has a couple out right now that are really good), songs on the radio, touching photos, or sweet words, and sometimes, even wonderful memories. I used to be pissed I reacted this way, but now it's OK. My heart works and I enjoy experiencing emotion, even if the emotion makes my nose bright red, my mascara run down my face and goofy facial expressions that cause me mortification when captured on film.

But. For my wedding, while I'm in front of everyone standing next to My Guy, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to lose it. Seriously. Even now, just thinking about speaking/hearing those sacred vows overwhelms my heart and chokes me up. EVEN NOW and I still have 11 more months to go!

So. I'll wish to be a happy excited smiley bride. To keep the tears at bay. I don't want any photos of me balling. Please.

6 comments:

  1. I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago, and the bride literally had to do some deep breathing ALL THROUGH the ceremony to keep her from crying... she did really well though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that MY wedding you were at Tiffany? haha

    Honestly though, I have a theory: Those people who we know to be most sensitive - who we most expect to lose it at their own wedding - are the very ones who keep it together best.

    Meanwhile, people like me - who are emotional midgets and have been called 'dead inside' by many, many people - are the ones who weep all the way through.

    Why? Because those sensitivos experience all of the emotions leading up to the day, whereas us robots are hit with it all at once, the moment we're about to walk down the aisle.

    Seriously, I had to stop half-way down the aisle and compose myself. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dead inside"? Haha. I don't know, I'm super-sensitive and I just know I'm going to tear up at the very least. I just know it. It's unavoidable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO going to be me. I'm worried that my face will be all blotchy red because I can't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is too cute! I think everyone cries some-just make sure your MOH has some tissues handy and that you have a waterproof mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a couple drinks right before the ceremony...don't get drunk or even buzzed- just a couple drinks...i am typically very emotional and was just happy & smiling & enjoying every precious moment without losing it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails