Sunday, March 6, 2011

love words weekend

 Melissa Dunstan Photography - a Sedona wedding that makes me crave Arizona.

from the movie Captain Corelli's Mandolin:
...
"Love is a temporary madness. 
It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. 
And when it subsides you have to make a decision. 
You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together
that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. 
Because this is what love is. 
Love is not breathlessness, 
it is not excitement, 
it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. 
That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. 
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, 
and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. 
Your mother and I had it, 
we had roots that grew towards each other underground, 
and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches 
we found that we were one tree and not two."


*note:  freaking goosebumps reading that excerpt.  It makes me think of my husband.  I am all sorts of nervous about have our baby this week...there is so much unknown....but with Tommy by my side I know we will be just fine.  It won't just be the two of us anymore...there will be three of "us" now.  Wow...such an overwhelming sensation.  I feel like flying. 

3 comments:

  1. I used that excerpt on my wedding programs! It makes me get all teary every single time I read it. I had it printed into our wedding photo album, too.

    Just recently started reading your blog - wanted to say Congrats on your upcoming bundle of joy. :) And, good luck on your boards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had that reading at our wedding too! Ben's best friend read it. So beautiful and it matched a theme that completely randomly came together at our wedding; trees. We used Cori's wedding tree idea, and Ben's mum wrote a poem about us using trees as a metaphor (it's amazing!) and we had all our wedding pictures taking in the woodland area next to our venue.
    Thank you for sharing, reading it takes me right back to our wedding ceremony xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you have a relaxing zen time until your little girl come....
    best wishes from cordoba-spain to you and your family
    angela

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails