Friday, August 19, 2011

daycare dillema

cuddling at the park

The school year is about to start...and Tommy will be back in the substituting system (it's another year with not one full time teaching position opening in the local 5 high school districts...wowza).  We have been mentally preparing ourselves for Clara transitioning into a childcare situation and thought we had hit the jackpot with a woman that lives in our building.  Yet, a couple weeks ago we found out she can't do it anymore.


I was frantic.  The majority of the NICE daycare businesses in town have waiting lists that are up to 18 months long!  I was not shy in my quest to find something perfect to fit our family needs...I asked everyone I knew about day care possibilities.  Tommy and I went and toured day care facilities...read over contracts...and nearly put down a hefty down payment for a spot that wouldn't even open up until FEBRUARY!  It was a very stressful time.  You can imagine.



And then, we got a referral for a woman who runs a small day care out of her home.  She watches the children of two awesome women that I work with.  We went and met with her last week, and all my fears/anxiety dissolved.  She is so warm and friendly...and fell into the "perfect" category immediately.  Her hours, her flexibility, her home set up, her cost....


...my fingers are crossed that it works out!!

6 comments:

  1. Hope it works out. Sounds like you hit the jackpot with this woman. I'm worried about our daycare situation once little one comes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found someone you like! I hope she lives up to your expectations, though with a referral, hopefully she will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee. So stressful deciding on daycare. We are signed up and hoping everything goes as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it works out and that she turns out to be the Queen of Daycare. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it works out!

    Some cities have nanny companies, maybe look into that. Find a trustworthy person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I am so happy for you!! I saw that nursery university movie about daycare in new york a while back....and I thought of you. Its soo great that you feel comfortable with your daycare, what a relief! How many hours a week will you guys be needing daycare?! I am on the waiting list at my work's daycare, but its hard to know just how much we will actually need.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails