Wednesday, May 20, 2009

wedding wish wednesday #1 - weather

Wednesday's will be my space for wedding wishes. I realize that "wishes" are subject to change, especially since our wedding is 12 months away. Wishes are fun too...as they don't necessarily have to be practical, or technical, or realistic...they can be of fairy princesses, or unicorns, or leprechauns.

This Wednesday, I wish for wonderful weather. Weather is totally out of my control...no amount of planning, or micro-managing, or paying loads of money, or anything I do can control this element. Pretty much the perfect thing to wish for.

I hope the sun is shining, the white fluffy clouds are hung high in the air, and the cool breeze is floating around the mountain. I'd love for the days to be cool, and the evenings to be warm. Perhaps the rain will stay at bay and the snow will stay far far away.

I love wishing.

3 comments:

  1. so cute. a girl can dream, right? i think most brides wish for great weather on their wedding day, but as much as it is a cliche, i do envision a stereotypically beautiful summer day bc part of what makes the idea of my wedding meaningful is that it's also a celebration of summer and what its vitality means to me. does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am seriously stalking your blog. I really am wishing for great weather! In fact I'm begging mother nature for okay weather. We have tents so rain is okay, but please nature, no soaking wet down pour for 8 days prior or during please.

    I've even gone as far as to consult the Farmers Almanac. They are saying it should be cooler than normal, no rain that saturday, but lots of rain the friday before!

    Yay for wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The absolute first thing you need to do when you pick your wedding date-- if you want good weather!-- is consult a Farmer's Almanac. They're not spot-on, but they can give you a good window to shoot for. (A friend of mine got married this last weekend, and it rained all week, but she was firmly set that the wedding would be outside because her Almanac said so... lo and behold, the day of her wedding was absolutely perfect weather. )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails