Wednesday, November 25, 2009

wedding wish wednesday: #20 avoid the bridezilla


Via here


Do you ever watch that show, Bridezilla? It is so disturbing. I'm sure it's meant to be funny. It never makes me laugh. If anything it makes me really really sad. Those women act like crazy b*tches. And I just wonder why? What is wrong with them? Are they intense like that in real life towards their husbands and families? How could they be so selfish, so caddy, so mean, on their wedding day? I just don't get it.

That being said....I don't want to go down that road.

I don't want to go nutty - yelling and screaming and cussing and freaking out on people and not taking others feelings into account. Or even showing my annoyance when things don't go "perfect". (This is actually a possibility - when I get annoyed, I can rarely hide it.)

Please please please...to whomever grants wedding wishes...don't let me turn into a psycho lunatic bridal beast. I appreciate it. (And so does My Guy.)

7 comments:

  1. ya that show is like watching a train wreck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this girl burn her friend's shoes on that show because they were black with gold accents and the bride wanted her BMs to wear pure black shoes. SHE BURNED HER FRIEND'S SHOES.

    So, yeah, as long as you don't do that, I think everything will be cool.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched a clip of this show on Youtube with my fiance and he said, "You know...the produces of that show probably just approach a bride and say, 'we'll pay for your wedding if you act like a total bitch on camera'"... I think he's probably pretty close to right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen the show but heard horror stories! I, like you, cannot hide my emotions very well and worry about that even for the wedding planning process

    ReplyDelete
  5. The show attracts the type of woman who is so clueless that she thinks being nasty makes her more interesting. Yes, these women are that dumb and clueless.

    And then, according to some of these brides, the producers egg them on for ratings.

    I always feel so much worse after watching it, that I usually avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am 100% convinced that normal, happy, kindhearted people don't just go crazy and become horrible people on their wedding days. I don't believe it for a second.

    The same goes for childbirth. You hear these stories about women screaming at their husbands, cussing at doctors, throwing things, etc. That doesn't just "happen." It has to be in your heart already. Even in the most painful moments of my labor & deliveries, I was still thinking quite clearly and rationally...and still saying "I Love You" to my guy.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually watch it and sometimes just have to turn it off because it hurts my head. They yell, scream and SERIOUSLY if any of those girls were one of my friends there would be a fight! I would never in my life-no matter who it was, let someone talk to me or treat me the way those girls treat their family and friends. I would punch my friend out! :) I guess you can tell how well I can hide my emotions! I watch it to get an example of "how not to act", I really think it's fake though. I mean how would they even have any friends...would you let anyone talk to you that way??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails