Being on this side of the wedding has been such a learning experience. I can honestly say that I didn't have a clue about what planning a wedding would entail....and now that I know what it's like to be a bride, I'm pretty sure I am a lil more aware of how to be a bangerang guest....
1. I will always RSVP immediately. I'm ashamed to say that I've been "that girl" who didn't RSVP...or who did so at the last minute...or who received calls from frantic brides about the status of my attendance...whoops. (I'm seriously ashamed and embarrassed to admit that!) I never understood the importance of it all. Until now.
2. I will give nice gifts, and use the registry. I used to stress about what to give my friends for their gifts. I actually used to be anti-registry because I didn't think it was "personal" or "fun" enough. Except, it's actually a stress saver to have a registry. I'll start using that.
3. I will enjoy every wedding I attend and celebrate it for what it is - a marriage celebration! It's not a competition. I will not compare to my own. I will not compare it to others that I have attended. It's a celebration of love...and good vibes make magical memories!
4. Pay for drinks at the cash bar and smile. Nobody needs to hear me bitch about buying my own glass of wine. It doesn't matter. The bride and groom shelled out a fortune to have me there...and I can buy my own booze if I want it. Right?
5. I will make an effort to be a part of the party! Sometimes, I can be a bit of a music snob and I'll refuse to dance to lame tunes (ie: chicken dance...celebration...we are family...macarena...etc.) but really...I need to just get over myself, shake my money maker and have fun!
Do share...what are things that you've learned about this whole wedding planning jazz?