Saturday, April 17, 2010

love words weekend

Love Sonnet IX

There where the waves shatter on the restless rocks
the clear light bursts and enacts its rose,
and the sea-circle shrinks to a cluster of buds,
to one drop of blue salt, falling.

O bright magnolia bursting in the foam,
magnetic transient whose death blooms
and vanishes--being, nothingness--forever:
broken salt, dazzling lurch of the sea.
You and I, Love, together we ratify the silence,
while the sea destroys its perpetual statues,
collapses its towers of wild speed and whiteness:

because in the weaving's of those invisible fabrics,
galloping water, incessant sand,
we make the only permanent tenderness.

- Pablo Neruda

*in two more weeks I'll be living back at home...reunited with my Tommy...hopefully to never live apart from him ever again.  For the last 12 months, I've lived away from home for 8 of them...and in those 8 months, I've lived in 6 different cities.  One wacky, yet exciting, year. For a few short May weeks I'll be surrounded by my Phoenix friends and sisters...it will feel so good.  And then we pick up...Tommy and I...and start our own adventure.  Together.   Crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, just lovely. I have been in love with this idea of writing a snippet of poetry on a pocket square as a grooms gift. I saw it on Once Wed last year right before our wedding. If you do a search for "Pocket Square" it should come up.

    Anyway, that last line seems like perfect pocket square material.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails