Friday, April 16, 2010

curly locks

...before we were engaged...at Tommy's best friend's wedding...

One October day in '08, I decided that I needed a change...booked a morning appointment at the best salon in Tempe...and proceeded to chop off allllll 14" of my hair.  I had never had such short hair...ever.  I donated it of course...and loved my new haircut!!  It was a surprise to everyone, I didn't even tell Tommy I was doing it - I just went and did it.


 with my sisters in Tempe - a couple weeks after the chop.

I loved it!  The short hair was fun, and looked a lot more professional in my white doctor coat - my hair wasn't in a ponytail everyday - and I got mad compliments on it all the time. 

Then we decided we wanted to get married.  And I wanted my long locks back.  And I got sad I cut my hair in the first place (kinda silly because I did like my short hair...the grass is always greener I guess??)   And I finally have come to grips that my hair won't be back for the wedding. *silent tear*

So an up-do is in order.  And perhaps a professional wedding hair person...because I absolutely cannot do anything but ponytails. 

I think I'll keep my hair long for awhile...once it reaches it's appropriate place at the middle of my back.

7 comments:

  1. I think your hair is beautiful at the length it is right now. You don't want to wear it down at the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the short hair. So urban chic. But... then again, I have always liked short hair. Especially on myself. I left my hair down for the wedding which I did not think I would do and loved it. So go get a consult and you can figure it out from there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your hair is cute is all three stages that you've shown us. I don't think you should put it up- let your curls be free! It feels so much more natural which is exactly what you're looking for in your wedding. Still go and get a consult because I know what you mean- me and ponytails are like this *crosses fingers* because I'm terrible with doing anything to my hair myself- but be open to maybe having part of your hair down still? I would just hate to see those beautiful curls tamed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do a lot with your hair still...think of the romantic windblown half-up do. With a big fabric flower. They are great right now, and will look very feminine. Professionally, an up do will be another hundred bucks, but if thats what it takes to get you just so, then do it!

    and post pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair cut was so rockstar. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks great - long or short, curly or straight (though, I admit, I prefer curly...it suits your personality).

    I've never been brave enough to straighten my hair and cut it short like that. Or maybe it's just that I'm *very* low-maintenance. I like the wash + air dry convenience of long curly locks.

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails