awwww...such a lovely Flagstaff moment by Melissa Dunstan Photography.
I hope that this is how "into" the moment I am at my wedding...
that I don't even notice who didn't show up...or who skipped out early...or who showed up late...
One of the funniest things to talk about with my married friends is their own weddings. So many random events happen to people involving their wedding...and most of these "random" things aren't always funny at the time.
For example (these are actual events that happened to my friends!!)
1. The florist showed up with 2 dozen roses when the couple paid $1200 for their flowers (the florists' shipment never made it in...and no...they didn't get their money back) (yikes right?)
2. getting text messages from friends the morning of the wedding who were "too hung over" to make it to the wedding (ouch.)
3. or the friends who didn't show up to the wedding at all and then sortof pretended nothing had happened when they ran into them again. (weird.)
4. or the estranged family relative who hadn't talked to anyone in years and proclaims, the morning of the wedding, that he is coming! And bringing his new wife! and three new kids! (Ahhhh!!)
5. or the sorority sister that came and got so wasted she got up to give a speech and confessed she always thought she would end up with the groom...or the bride's brother. (omg...I was at this one...I wanted to hide under the table.)
6. umm..this one happens to almost everyone I know...people don't show up who RSVP. Seriously...eff that noise. (I guess this is like #5....but it's worth it to have it in here twice.) I have friends who remember exactly who their wedding ditchers were...well...most couples do I suppose. You purposefully and thoughtfully invite your closest friends and family...and then shell out a mini fortune to ensure their attendance is met with food and drink and general merriment... and when they don't show up, they are missed. It's a hard thing to let go. (From what I hear...it's really hard to let go.)
7. oooor the florist who was suppose to bring flowers for the wedding cake...but decorated the cake with dead flowers instead...no no not dried flowers...dead wilty flowers...on second thought, they weren't exactly dead...just tired...they just weren't what the bride expected. (except, honestly nobody noticed...except the bride...which makes sense because she ordered it to look one way...and it didn't turn out that way.)
8. how about our friends who got married at a super swanky country club. They filled big baskets with all sorts of "goodies" for the female bathroom...perfume, hairspray, mints, lip gloss, gum...I dunno other stuff. It got stolen. Within 20 minutes of the actual reception starting! (who does that?)
9. ooor the "friend" who found out someone was dissing her wedding details...(shameshameshame... I've learned my lesson from this horrible situation... .I hope if people decide to say unkind things about the way I crafted my wedding I will be a class act about it like she was.)
10. Or my friend who ordered a white wedding cake and paid $800 for it...then cut into it only to find it was chocolate - a flavor she happens to be allergic to. (this would really really piss me off.)
11. Or the friend (of a friend) who had her dress ruined by the people who were altering it for her...the shortened the hem about a foot too much! She had to buy a new gown!! (mini nightmare...expensive nightmare)
These are random. And somewhat horrific. But some of these stories are told with smiles and laughs...a tiny bit of bitterness I suppose...but really...most of my friends keep these dark little tales in the past. If anything remotely drama-filled happens at my wedding I hope I can flip my "selective memory switch" and flush it outta the brain. Thankyouverymuch.