|back when Clara Jane was brand new!|
|teeny tiny wrinkly feet!|
Fave 3 items:
1. lots of regular full coverage underwear...lots. (I had to go buy this type of underwear in advance as I don't wear those kinds normally - is that too much info? sorry.)
2. comfy/stretchy pants to go home in (no jeans were going on my body for a long time!)
3. a towel from home - hospital towels are teeny tiny and not soft...I loved having one of my big fluffy towels.
3 Things I didn't Need:
1. pretty pajamas...with the nurses and doctors constantly "checking things out below" the hospital gowns were comfortable and ridiculously convenient. I never wore the pair I brought.
2. "things to do" - I slept whenever I could (as in..no need for my computer, cell or magazines....haha... other women I know did enjoy having these things!).
3. A birth plan - I honestly read more about "birth plans" on other people's blogs than any doctor or nurse discussed with us. For a hot minute I thought that Tommy and I should create one. But really, with the one goal of having a healthy baby, whatever it took to get there was what needed to be done. We just rolled with it - and not having a "plan" didn't affect us one bit.
3 Things I wish I Had
1. a place for my husband to comfortably sleep at the hospital too :-) no such luck. He crashed on the chair next to my bed (poor dude)
2. an outfit for our little one in NEWBORN size so it would fit her - I didn't know there was such a thing as newborn size (see... I was clueless... I thought size 0 - 3 months would be fine...nope) and her outfit hung on her like a pillowcase.
3. a better attitude about having my picture taken - I felt awful and swollen and was in pain and dodged most of the picture ops...I wish I had just gotten over myself and smiled for the camera.
*bonus: a razor - many hospitals don't provide/carry those in stock anymore due to patient safety...be sure to bring one if you are a daily shaver like me!