Monday, April 16, 2012

our baby-free vacation


Never thought I would vacation without my kiddo - not on principle...just because I didn't think that the situation would ever present itself.  Yet...out of the blue the opportunity came up and Tommy and I seized it!  Clara spent three FUN FILLED days with her doting grandparents in Rhode Island while Tommy and I slipped up to Maine to spend some time at the most charming Bed & Breakfast in Portland. 

Needless to say...it was beautiful...and relaxing.  Though we missed Clara every second...and talked about her endlessly...it was so nice to be together...just me and Tommy...to reconnect.  In some ways it was like old times...but in so many ways it felt like a whole different kind of adventure.  Not quite sure how to explain it.  

Have you ever been to Maine?  It's just divine.  The charm is breathtaking.  The FOOD is overwhelming.  The scenery is spectacular.  And staying in a lovely little B&B was a scrumptious way to experience it all.   Have you ever stayed in a B&B?  Tommy and I have stayed in a few over the years...and I always love the experience.  Especially the food....ohmygod the food.   

We decided that we could picture ourselves living in coastal Maine. Having a pretty garden...surrounded by forests...with the salty scent of the sea on the breeze. 

Our world is so pretty.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Maine, how I love thee. Too gorgeous and cozy for words. Looks like a great getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely east coast get away. looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Beautiful captures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Maine is one of the few states we didn't make it to on our cross-country adventure. I don't think it's particularly "RV friendly."

    Maybe someday...

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails