Sunday, March 15, 2009

preparing for marriage

Photo via photobucket

I know that during the wedding event planning, other things can fall between the cracks. But the planning for the wedding is pittance compared to the planning and dedication one needs to commit to planning a marriage. Right?

I grew up Roman Catholic - very Roman Catholic; My Guy, Baptist. And now we both consider ourselves as highly spiritual, yet, not diggin' the whole "organized religion" thing.

The Catholic church requires all couples take part in marriage counseling prior to the event, and I think it's a fantastic idea. What could be adverse about discussions that will produce more insight into your future life partner and strengthen your bond as companions!? I think it actually sounds interesting.

I asked My Guy if he would want to take part in that - he was less than exuberant about the idea, though he agreed. I wish there was a secular counseling available. Do those exist? They must. I think that would be a better fit for us. I need to do a lil homework on that.

Here are some Questions for Engaged Couples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails