Sunday, May 31, 2009

the bridal portrait session

This morning at 5:30am I set out with my huge hair flower from Feathers & Frills and my sweet and sassy birdcage from Fascinating Creations, a small box of different necklaces, bracelets, and earrings, a super simple cream colored JCrew dress, some huge a** heels (as my dress hasn't been hemmed yet), my hair in it's crazy curls and sunscreen slathered all over. I was ready for this whole "bridal portrait" thing.

I met up with my friend Johanna and her husband, and the pictures started a snappin'. Not gonna lie, I had intended to bring a bottle of wine (a small bottle of wine) to loosen me up as I tend to get fairly camera shy. I forgot it, it was 5:30am, not really all mentally awake at 5:30am. We had to try and beat the heat of the Arizona summer sun, so an early morning shoot was more of a survival tactic that anything else.

It was actually fun! A lil awkward of course...because...well...I'm not a model and had no idea how to move my body or what to really do. Thankfully Johanna was right there to tell me where to look, when to move my arms, when to fix my hair, etc. We took some shots in the beautiful red rocks at Papago Park, in downtown Phoenix at the new art installation park, and finished up at the Biltmore Fashion Park. It got easier as the morning went on...I'm pretty much a professional now.

I can't wait to see how they turned out!!

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how they turned out either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Is the dress you wore going to be your wedding dress or will it be just something that you wore for the day? PLEASE tell me that you'll post the pictures! I'm dying to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! I can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo i'm looking forward to seeing them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! Such perfect spots to have them, too. I'm sure the contrast of your white dress with the red rocks from Papago will be spectacular. Hooray! Will you be posting some? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So: Are you going to share the photos here? I sure hope so. I bet you looked absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails