Sunday, May 3, 2009

etsy insight: baumbirdy


I admire many things, paper goods are somewhere at the top of that list. Most of us have an appreciation for a finely crafted invitation, and I have to admit I spend quite a bit of time drooling over beautiful designs. I just love the compositions that artists have the ability to create using color combinations, simple drawings, delicious patterns and desirable fonts. Such lovely pieces of inspiration. I found an Etsy paper shop that I'm currently swooning over - Baumbirdy.


Baumbirdy's designers are two freelance art directors who create truly enticing invitations (they do other paper products that are equally lovely.) Many are printed using beautiful recycled brown paper (I've never seen invitations printed on 'recycled kraft cover weight paper' (aka brown paper) and I LOVE it!)

(it's details like this that I can't get out of my head)

I'm always a sucker for a nature design.

(do you see this beautiful recycled brown paper?
looks lovely in concert with the plum colored ink)

(I love all the geometric patterns they use on their stationary - vintage inspired)

(these save the dates are SOO rad:
they take your picture and design a comic in your image!)


Why did I choose medical school again? I think I would be happiest paper printer there ever was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails