Thursday, June 11, 2009

wedding posters anyone?


I've already posted about Unless Someone Like You here (because I've been totally smitten with her work for the past year) and I just can't shake the idea of having a wedding poster. It sounds so fun and quirky...a real momento.

I have no intention of actually sending people rolled up posters as invitations...talk about expensive...and really nobody wants a poster about someone else's wedding, right? Not even my mother. But I like (as in really really like) the idea of having a poster made up for us, and then using the same image printed small to send through the mail the "normal" way.

I have visions of vintage western travel posters dancing around in my head.

3 comments:

  1. Love it, mostly because I like things you can use again. With this, you can have it on an easel or something at the locatin and then have a memento for your newlywed abode. My fav is the lara one, i like that it isnt too in your face weddingy
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so rad- I'm totally getting one, how cute on the guest book table, or the gift table?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hitched in the Hood, that's Oregon! Should of been able to tell from the style, a poster is such a Portland/Seattle thing to do. Great idea! Now only if I was talented enough to throw one together in an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails