Tuesday, June 9, 2009
the pictures are in
Johanna, the photographer behind A Sophisticated View Photography, and her husband, Andrew, are friends of mine from college (we were actually all in a wedding together last weekend!). The duo and I set out a couple Sundays back at the break of dawn (not really, but it felt like it at 5:45am) to go snap some shots of me in a white dress. I had a little prop box with a birdcage veil, a flower, some turquoise jewelry, and lip gloss and we set out for a morning of photographic inquiry! It was sooo fun! Highly recommend the experience.
It's so nice that I have a handful of these images...is that narcissistic? Perhaps, but like I care. I actually loved so many of them I was really surprised~ I'm typically wicked awkward in front of a camera...so I was elated that they captured so many images that I actually liked!! I HUGELY recommend Johanna if you are in the Phoenix area - she is wonderful (and not just because she happens to be my bud...but because she is a totally legit photographer!)
Some interesting things I learned about myself:
1. I flippin' love wearing that hair flower!
2. I'm typically attracted to black + white photos, but I really liked these in color!
3. I prefer the close ups over distance pics (this really surprised me)
4. I absolutely suck at posing, the photog has to just capture me "living" or I have to smile at the camera head on.
5. Photos are more important to me than I thought.
6. My dress will work for the wedding and I don't need a new one.
7. My Navajo turquoise bracelet from Santa Fe might be my favorite jewelry piece.
8. My Navajo turquoise ring from northern Arizona is my second favorite jewelry piece.
9. I really hope my hair grows longer before next May.
10. Taking pictures with My Guy is going to be a joke...I have no idea how we will pull off being serious.
11. My work outs need to get a big more hard core.
12. My frizzy curls and freckled skin are so totally me!
13. Drinking a lil bubbly and taking pictures sound like the perfect combination.
14. The photographer better have a rad personality - it's so much more fun!
15. Papago park is the prettiest place in Phoenix.
PS: enter to win 125 *INVITATIONS* here!