Thursday, March 25, 2010

my bridal shower: gifts

Me taking a picture of my pile-o-presents...do you see that smile on my face...hehehe.

Some of these thoughtful gifts made me flat out cry. Many times I felt my eyes welling up just reading the thoughtful cards (I am SUCH a friggen' sap.) All of the gifts were lovely...and I will remember their acquisition forever. They are my new special things. Things that could last us our lifetime. Things that we can appreciate on a daily basis. Beautiful dining table decor, fabulously useful kitchen items, a print of San Francisco (our honeymoon spot!), and dance lessons (yep...Tommy and I will actually know how to dance at our wedding!)

Umm...the candy bra from my cousins isn't exactly a new treasure...but it was kinda funny....and made me laugh and get a grip on my emotions.

I assured my sisters that favors were not required at bridal showers! But, they loved these little bud vases. So, they bought a bunch, filled them with pretty blooms and scattered them everywhere. Every guest got to take one home. I got a yellow one. Aren't they sweet?


As a "thank you" to my sisters and cousin, I got them each a rad EarthLust stainless steel water-bottle. I picked these pretty lil things up at HipGreenDeals awhile back (and it just so happens that my sisters used a pink and yellow color scheme for the party...hollah...perfecto.) Personally, I don't know if it's appropriate or necessary to give thank you gifts to the people who throw you a bridal shower. But after all the work my sisters put into it, I really wanted to give them something in appreciation - and these are practical, usable and really pretty (ummm...I bought for myself one too.)

5 comments:

  1. I think its really sweet that you gave them a gift. I'm sure they appreciated your thoughtfulness just like you did theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bud vases are soooo cute. I'm not sure I ever told you how cute you looked in the engagement photo anthro dress... I was thisclose to getting it as well, but after asking the anthro dressing room guy if it was too short for my 33 year-old legs and he paused just a little too long, I didn't get it. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stainless steel water bottles are a great idea. And where did they find those bud vases?? Love 'em and want one! (or hmm, two or three)

    Sounds like a smash hit of a party... kudos to the planners! I'm not usually one for bridal showers, but this looks like an event I would've enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of you with all the presents is so cute. You'll always look back at it and remember the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you know that bra will get used. ;] Haha, just kidding. I got a pair of candy underwear as a gift when I turned 16 from my friends. Let's just say that that was quite embarrassing to open THAT in front of my parents when my boyfriend was in the room...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails