Friday, May 21, 2010

our programs *yay!*



I really really really wanted ceremony programs.  I dunno why.  I've only been to a couple of weddings that had them, and I know they aren't required, or even expected.  Except, I love having a program at weddings...I like knowing who people are, what's coming next, and I REALLY love when the readings are included so I can follow along.

When I sat down to design the program this morning I stared blankly at the computer screen.  How do I do this?   I know I've seen bazillions of program designs on the wedding blog circuit...but I couldn't, for the life of me think of what I wanted to do.   I knew I wanted it streamlined.  I wanted it to be EASY...I wanted to print everything on one page...and I wanted to include our readings.



It was a project that took a few hours of fiddling around with the layout, and sending them to Tommy for approval and revisions.  I took them to the printers...got the lux ivory heavy weight paper and it cost around $40 for 100 programs.  Yes, that's rather pricey...and it would have been cheaper if I had a home printer that didn't print everything crooked.  But I made them - and I love them.  Totally worth my time. 


I knew that I didn't have the time/patience/$$ to create lavish fan or accordion shaped programs.  I found a great template at WeddingBee for a simple folded program that included all of the elements I wanted.   Here's the link to the specific template I used:  Mrs. Bee's Program Template.



The moment I saw the rad handmade invitations at A Homegrown Wedding, I fell in love.  The trees are so reminiscent of the two sturdy pines Tommy and I will be married in front of...it was a detail that was too perfect for words (see the image here of the trees I'm talking about!)  So, I emailed Lindsey & Matt, and they were amazing enough to let me use their image - which is so crazy nice.   It makes it even more special...it really does. 

I'm stoked.

14 comments:

  1. will you share with us your readings? (or maybe you already did and i missed it).

    after following you all this time, so happy for you...you are only a week away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Julia - Sure! I'd love to do that...I'll post them tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything with trees so you know here I stand. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great. I loved designing our programs and can't wait to share more pics of them from the wedding day. Ours doubled as 'fans'...each page spread out to make a fan for the guests (if needed). They were so fun and pretty and like you, I like having something letting me know what's being said, what's coming next and who everyone is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your programs!!!! I love how programs add such a personal touch to the ceremony.

    I've actually never been to a wedding that didn't have them.....
    or a wedding where I didn't spy a young boy figuring out how to make a paper airplane out of a program :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have programs that fan out???? Showing my age here - I had no idea. So, Jes, I said to ignore the programs, but I know you really wanted them. And as soon as I saw them, I thought the trees looked just like the ones at your ceremony site! So, I see now why you're all excited. ;) Also, I thought they were just going to have the names of the wedding party. I didn't know you were going to put readings on them. NOW I see why you wanted them and why they are a keepsake. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg...I LOVE the way those turned out! How fitting for your Flagstaff mountain wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are AWESOMEEEE
    i love the trees
    so perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, Jes, I'm sitting here with a huge "To Do List" of everyday things that have built up. You are making me feel hopeless in comparison. Can I live vicariously through you? Git er done! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Jes, those are just lovely. I'm always over complicating everything I try to design so hooray for how lovely those are in such a short amount of time!!! and really, $40 isn't that bad. Think of the letterpress one's for $400.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the trees. Great job pulling it all together, they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The image is gorgeous! It surely sets the tone for your day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great deal! The programs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails