Monday, August 2, 2010

the hair


Remember my hair style "trial run" disaster?  Thankfully, I found out that I needed a different hair stylist for my wedding.  I toyed around with the idea of doing it myself...of just wearing it down and curly...or in a curly ponytail.  BUT.  I wanted something special...and I was advised to wear it up (due to the potentially WINDY conditions on the mountaintop...thank goodness I did because it DID get windy!!)

I went to an adorable little local salon, Ciao Bella...and the stylist, Rischa, opened the salon specially for me (they are typically closed on Sunday!)  She loosely pinned back my curls...she made it look effortless...and it was pretty.  The curls didn't blow away in the wind...and it stood up pretty well to my dance moves.  Couldn't ask for more than that!

8 comments:

  1. Yes, much better than the trial run. You looked fantastic. And you're right, it looks gorgeous yet effortless. So glad things worked out in this department.

    I did the DIY hair thing and wore it the way I usually do. In hindsight, I wish I had done something a bit more special too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how they even DO that to hair, so I couldn't do it myself if you payed me. ;) But WOW, you got exactly what you wanted. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked gorgeous! I love that style so much and would love to do it myself but I am so all about the hair down :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your sylist is amazing! you had/have great hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair did look great!

    I, too, had a stylist do my hair for the wedding. Unfortunately, though, since our wedding was several states away, I didn't have the chance to do a trial run. But I brought a couple of photos, and was honest when I looked in the mirror throughout and my hair came out just as I had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair turned out beautifully (which is no surprise - your hair is AWESOME!).

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails