Friday, October 22, 2010

douche bags

My last Ob/Gyn appointment was last week-ish...I adore my doctor...she is way fab.  HOWEVER...she is a member of a big practice, a busy practice.  A very busy practice. 

When I showed up for my appointment 20 minutes early, their modest sized waiting room was full - not a chair for me to sit in.  However, there were roughly 8 or 9 men sitting with their pregnant wives/girlfriends. I'm not going to lie, I didn't expect any of these men to get up to let me sit down - I don't exactly look pregnant yet.  And unfortunately, chivalry is not something I experience out in the "real world."  So I just stood there...leaning up against the wall...reading a magazine.

THEN.  A freaking HUGELY pregnant woman waddled in....clearly 8 or 9 months pregnant...swollen...smiling...and totally adorable.  To my HORROR none of the men budged....they just played on their fancy cell phones or read ESPN.   AND none of their wives/girlfriends elbowed them to get the hell out of the way to let the very pregnant woman have a seat.  WHATTHEHELL!  Finally someone got called in and she found a seat.

I called Tommy immediately after my appointment to tell him what a good man he is - he is the kind of guy who gives up his seat.

8 comments:

  1. Ugh, that erks me beyond belief. Thankfully, my husband is peach and will unfailingly give up his seat to anyone, pregnant or not. High five for sweetheart husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so disheartening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, some people! My husband would (and has) got up for not even hugeley pregnant women, but for someone who's about to pop, that's a given surely? And shame on their wives/gf's too for the lack of solidarity!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I live in the south, so I don't usually see that sort of obliviousness. Things aren't perfect in this region, but more people do have good manners for sure.

    If I was one of those women, I'd be a little less in love with my husband if he didn't offer her his seat. When it comes to men who are not polite, I don't give them the time of day. I wish more women felt the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol... you make me laugh. P.S. Have you discovered Clayton Austin yet? I think he might actually blow your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their momma's didn't raise them right, or more likely, their daycare as a child didn't raise them right. My husband wouldn't have sat down at all at an OB/GYN because none of those seats were put there for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It saddens my heart to hear things like this. The simple acts of kindness such as giving up your seat or even holding a door for someone are a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so sad and annoying! My husband would have given up his seat for you my dear,

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails