Monday, December 20, 2010

i caved

Sarah Neal Photography - I wish Sarah could take a picture of my belly!!

Not sure where exactly I got the idea that I would try to go my entire pregnancy without buying maternity clothes.  I know there was a financial element involved...why spend money on clothes I'd only wear a couple months?  Ummm...especially when we don't have a lot of money to spend.

I was picking up some stocking stuffers for my loverboy this weekend at Target, and browsed their maternity clearance ranks.  I do this every so often but have never purchased anything, sometimes even there stuff seems overpriced.  Except this time I hit the freaking preggo-jackpot.  Holy cow.  I walked away with 4 new tops, 1 dress, and 1 pair of jeans and 2 pairs of dress slacks for about 100 bucks.  I'm jazzed!! 

Up until this point I did a pretty sweet job of working with the clothes that I already had...those BellaBands came in crazy handy...and my wardrobe worked remarkably well for 26 weeks.  In fact, I bet I could even go another few weeks.  Except now I don't have to!

I'm wearing my first pair of full panel maternity pants right now and I can't believe I didn't just fork out the cash a little bit sooner!  These things are AMAZING.   Don't be timid about those full panel pants ladies...they are so soft and stretchy!!  I'm pretty sure I'll be busting these bad boys out at Thanksgiving for years to come!  Ha!

My belly is in bliss.

2 comments:

  1. You cracked me up with that Thanksgiving comment. :D You've looked so great up to now without official maternity clothes! But what a great sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maternity pants ARE pretty awesome. I had a pair of Chip & Pepper maternity jeans for my last pregnancy...and I wore them until they were threadbare. ;)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails