I don't know if I actually LIKE the idea of analyzing my life in 2010...it sits funny with me. There were so many things to celebrate...but writing a list of these things somehow doesn't quite add up the magnitude of their importance or quench the full excitement of the events.
Except, I'm a list maker...and 2010 was a dozy of a year for me. Maybe it will help me create a lil list of Resolutions for 2011. I'm limiting myself to 5 new resolutions...5 sounds like an honest, achievable, "I can do it" number. [ohmygosh, there are fireworks going off outside my window RIGHT NOW!!]
In order of occurrence...
- drove across the country from Rhode Island to Arizona (this was my fifth time!)
- two words = New Orleans!!!
- moved to Tucson
- had a lovely bridal shower
- my blog turned "1"
- got in a horrible car accident - and my car was history
- took my boards - and they sucked
- got accepted to my first choice residency program
- moved back to Phoenix
- partied like a bad ass at my bachelorette party in Vegas
- bought a Subaru
- married my best friend, on a mountaintop, in Flagstaff
- graduated medical school
- honeymooned in San Francisco
- packed up our cars and moved to upstate New York
- started my podiatric surgical residency program
- bought our first piece of "real" furniture (yea...in my book this was a big deal.)
- found out we were expecting a lil baby girl!
- went apple picking
- mini vacay in New Hampshire
- had our first Thanksgiving (just the two of us)
- went back to my natural hair color
- decorated our first Christmas tree
- finished the quilt for my hubs
- bought a grown-up camera for Christmas
- survived the first 6 months of residency
Pretty good for a busy year. Not exactly a jet-setting, all excitement all the time kinda year - but it was my favorite year to date! So many memories...so many adventures and new experiences. I love that every year is my favorite year. 2011 is bound to be beyond fantastic.
*note: I'm oncall this weekend...not awesome. No glitter throwing or champagne swigging for me (umm...well...obviously.) I'm probably in the ER suturing up some idiot who stepped on a beer bottle. Or shot himself in the foot. Or both.