Thursday, September 9, 2010
wedding wishes come true
1. Weather - best thing to wish for, the weather was absolutely lovely...the proof is in the wedding video.
3. Family Cohesion - yea...this ruled! (I should I have included friends in this post too...that was fun to witness...friends becoming new friends...and then seeing new friend updates on Facebook! Ha!)
5. That they "Get" it - all we heard was how lovely our wedding was...people def "got" it. And you know, as it got closer, I cared less what people thought at all...that may sound rude...but Tommy and I had created such a personal ceremony, I was excited to experience it.
6. Handy Helpers - if it weren't for our friends n fam, our wedding would not have had flowers! or decor! or dessert! or favors!
7. No Shoulda Coulda Woulda - I didn't want any regrets about our wedding to haunt me afterwords. Thank goodness I wished for this! There isn't anything I would have done differently. That's awesome!!
8. Pretty Pretty Skin - a few months before the wedding my skin went on a fierce rampage. I was so heavy hearted about it...I tried everything. In the end...I just had to release it...stop fussing...quick freaking out about it. So - I woke up with a nice fresh face...I did have a zit...but eh...didn't even slow me down for one second.
9. Keep it Together - thankfully...during the ceremony, a few lil tears flowed down my cheeks...but they were acompanied with a huge smile. No cry face. No running mascara. Totally proud of myself :-)
10. Keep Him in the Loop - I wanted to make sure that Tommy felt a part of the wedding process. I didn't want to make everything about ME ME ME. The two of us did a lot of the planning as a team - I did the fluff (flowers, centerpieces, favors.) WE did everything else!!
11. Just the Right Light - I wished for perfect light, for the sake of our photography...obviously...those turned out gorgeous!!
12. Bridesmaids - Loved my girls and their gray dresses! But more importantly - I loved having these ladies there WITH me!! After intentionally wanting to keep the bridal party numbers way down - in hindsight, Tommy and I each could have invited a few more folks up there at the alter with us. Who cares? These ladies were fun! (this is after the rehearsal dinner!)
more to come next week...
*note: these pics were all jacked from Facebook friends :-) for SOME reason, I can't upload my own pictures anymore...blogger says I can't. What's up with that!??